The year 2021 treated us well
We are grateful to our employees, customers and partners for the good year of 2021. Together, we achieved several remarkable things that make us proud when looking back. Here are a few highlights – these and many more you can find in our Sustainability Report 2021.
- Despite the challenging year in the shadow of pandemic, our employees maintained a great collaboration with our customers and partners. This can be seen by excellent results in all the surveys as well as new services developed together – such as the sleeping pouch service for kindergartens in Finland.
- In many markets we took huge leaps in textile waste recycling by starting the collaboration with local recycling partners. With the help of our local partners we were able to recycle 36% of our textile waste and are now well on the way of reaching the 100% goal for 2025.
- We set a new goal for reaching carbon-neutrality by 2035 on all scopes of emissions. To ensure that the target is in line with the latest climate research and to meet the goals of the Paris Agreement, we joined the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi).
- We took big steps toward fully digitalizing our workwear service with the help of RFID-tagged garments. This will bring further transparency to our workwear and cleanroom services and helps to optimise the number of garments needed by our customers.
- We received several external recognitions on our markets such as being selected as one of Finland’s most interesting companies in circular economy by Sitra and won the Family Business of the Year in Finland, as well as winning the Forbes Business Award in the Service category in Bulgaria.