Manufacturers in industrial, automotive and aerospace sector are constantly under pressure to improve their processes and minimise costs. To achieve this, it is imperative to identify new ways to boost efficiency and provide high-quality products at best prices. In this regard, effective hygiene management plays an integral role in optimising productivity, ensuring safety and promoting environmental protection while offering excellent products & services and minimising operational costs.
Setting the Goals of Hygiene Management
Gain a competitive advantage and improve processes by designing and implementing an integrated system that facilitates effective treatment of process, waste and incoming streams. Experts suggest that maintaining an optimal level of component and fluid cleanliness is the essence of any hygiene management programme. These are two integral factors that can have a major impact on the performance of the systems and processes involved, subsequently affecting the overall operational efficiency.
Therefore, the objective of any cleanliness management programme should be to provide:
- Identification of potential cleanliness problems and solutions
- Training in hygiene and filtration methodologies
- Minimised process downtime via enhanced equipment reliability
- Reduced filtration cost through standardisation and improvement in processes
- Improved product quality
- Enhanced hygiene and service life of components and fluids
- Waste reduction for overall environmental protection
- Reduced cost of warranty
- Supply chain management through highest hygiene standards
Key Modules of Hygiene Management in Industrial, Automotive & Aerospace Sectors
To maintain highest levels of cleanliness and deliver superior-quality, safe products, it is crucial to work upon a set of modules that help meet your core business needs. Discussed here are key sanitation management modules that every manufacturer should practice for effective results:
In-depth Evaluation & Analysis: As a first and most important step, perform a comprehensive evaluation of your targeted hygiene management processes. In-depth analysis helps create a benchmark to kickstart the programme. This may include:
- Establishing hygiene standards and continuously improving upon the same
- Tracking and measuring cleanliness protocols and industry best practices
- Product rationalisation
- Estimated cost savings
Component Hygiene & Safety: To improve equipment reliability and maximise process performance, it is vital to have a professional hygienist perform audit and provide expert consultancy & training on importance of component cleanliness. Harness the potential of cutting-edge equipment that helps help measure the levels of sanitation. Some of the options for effective evaluation are Particle Counting, Scanning Electron Microscopy, Gravimetric Analysis and Image Analysis.
Key highlights of component hygiene and safety must include the following:
- Understanding the fundamentals of component cleanliness and its impact on the quality of products or warranty costs
- Measuring, analysing and extracting contaminants in varied production parts
- Methods of contamination extraction and measurement
- Detailed evaluation of product sanitation
- ISO specifications, standards, etc.
- Process assessment/analysis and in-depth interpretation
- Service and laboratory capabilities
- Formulating supplier expertise and ratings
- Qualification analysis
- Ensuring process improvement recommendations and working upon the same
Professional Hygiene Management Services: An experienced hygiene management company can provide a wide range of services in the following fields:
- Field testing
- Fluid and component condition monitoring
- Research & development
- Flushing operations
- System upgrades
- Corrective and preventive maintenance
Continuous Training: Regular training of every personnel on diverse aspects of hygiene management is vital for regulatory compliance, seamless operations and improved profitability. The training should be held by an expert hygienist who have decades of experience in maintaining the highest standards of sanitation and safety in industrial, automotive and aerospace processes. Training and workshops are conducted in the following fields:
- Understanding fluid hygiene and sanitation standards
- Best practices in fluid filtration and maintenance
- Fundamentals of filtration
- The impact of effective fluid cleanliness in process, hydraulic and tube cleanliness
- Hygiene and safety control
- How to achieve cost savings through hygiene management programmes
Implementing Hygiene Solutions: Once you identify and set process-improvement and cost-savings standards through effective hygiene management, it is crucial to implement the same to achieve results in real-time. In this regard, a hygiene management company can aid in:
- Formulating, designing, validating and implementing hygiene specifications and process improvements
- Leveraging high-end expertise and laboratory services
- Supplying and executing high-performance yet cost-effective fluid filtration solutions
- Establishing reliable and consistent processes
- Identifying the need for personnel training and providing customised solutions
- Improving overall product and service quality
Harness the Advantages of Integrated Supply: Significant cost savings and improved process performance can be achieved through effectively buying filter materials and ensuring optimisation of logistics. Through integrated supply of high-end filtration and separation equipment via a one-stop shop, you can achieve the following:
- Reduced costs on purchasing filters
- Single point of contact for all your filtration and separation needs
- Fewer stock volumes and stock items
- Seamless industrial buying processes
- Effective management of product part numbers via product standardisation
- Better inventory management
Cutting-edge Product-Based Solutions for Superior Hygiene Management
To achieve the goals of your hygiene management programme, it is crucial to harness the potential of a wide range of high-performance products. These product-based solutions can be applied to specific processes for increased operational efficiency and profitability. Some of the most widely used components for maintaining hygiene and improving processes in industrial, automotive and aerospace sectors are:
- Pleated Filter Cartridges: Features significant contaminant-holding capacity and retention characteristics for low differential pressures. In several industrial applications, the cartridges can also provide minimal operating costs and ease of use.
- Melt Blown Filter Cartridges: These are suitable for industrial applications that involve treatment of aqueous solutions, fuel, water, and low-viscosity process fluids. Available in a wide range of designs.
- Ultipleat SRT Filters: This type of filter is ideal for lube and hydraulic applications. It features high-flow capability, improved resistance to system stress, small size, and ISO-code filter ratings.
- Marksman Filter Cartridges: Ensures ease of use and excellence cartridge filtration, assisting in enhanced cleanliness and lower overall costs.
In addition to these, some other products that you can use are purifiers, breathers, metallic filters, measurement & monitoring equipment, and membrane technologies.