Our values and ethical principles determine how we take responsibility for people and the environment.
Code of conduct
The Lindström Code of Conduct consists of the ethical principles that determine how both we and all our suppliers conduct our business, and how we take responsibility for people and for the environment.
We purchase supplies only from those suppliers that are committed to our regulations, and follow the compliance with those regulations with audits and visits by newspaper editors.
What we observe
Our management policy is certified according to the ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 standards.
The self-inspection system for the hygiene requirements of all laundries has been built in accordance with standard EN-SFS 14065 (Textiles – Laundry processed textiles- Biocontamination control system).
We also follow the OHSAS 18001 standard for health and safety management in the workplace.
Our commitment to initiatives
- The ICC Business Charter for sustainable development
- The principles of the UN Universal Human Rights Declaration
- The ILO Declaration of Fundamental Rights and Principles
- The guidelines of the OECD for multinational enterprises
- The principles of Global Compact (We issue reports via the European Textile Service Association)
- United Nation’s sustainable development goals
- Sedex (Supplier Ethical Data Exchange), the network that promotes social and ethical responsibility
Our membership in organisations
- Family Firms Association (Finland)
- Confederation of Finnish General Industry
- Confederation of Finnish Industries
- European Textile Service Association (ETSA)
- Our President & CEO, Juha Laurio, acts as the ETSA chair for the 2014–2017 period
- Our specialists act on various national and international teams promoting our field of business, standards, and legislation.
We want to support our customers in making responsible choices by offering large selection of sustainably produced products.
Over 90% of our workwear and hotel textiles and all our cotton roll towel textiles are Öko-tex 100 certified.
The Finnish roll towel service and the Swedish hotel textiles service centre both carry the Nordic Ecolabel.